Paradajz’s heated and glass-covered growing area covers 90,000 square metres and produces 4,500 tons of high-quality tomatoes of various types each year.
ABOUT THE COMPANY:
- has expertise in the field of growing plants in closed premises that use geothermal energy for heating; a borehole with geothermal water is located in the vicinity, with the help of which the premises are heated when the sun provides insufficient heat in the colder months;
- the company’s heated and glass-covered growing area covers 90,000 square metres and produces 4,500 tons of high-quality tomatoes of various types and varieties each year;
- it provides tomatoes outside the normal season (including when tomatoes do not grow in domestic gardens).
BREAKTHROUGH SOLUTION: green solutions for the production of Lušt tomatoes:
- the entire production concept is focused on care for the environment. Production of the tomatoes takes place via technology that reduces negative impacts on the environment and human health;
- greenhouses are heated using geothermal water from which only heat is extracted via a heat exchanger;
- natural predators are used for pest control;
- the tomatoes are pollinated by bumblebees in a completely natural manner, which is further proof that no harmful sprays are used, since if they were the bumblebees would immediately die;
- the plants are grown from genetically unmodified seeds;
- the plants in the greenhouses are watered using collected rainwater;
- the nature-friendly packaging in which the tomatoes are sold also contributes to the protection of nature.
PARADAJZ, Turnišče, Slovenia