Lumar IG is innovative and development-oriented company and Slovenia’s leading producer of zero-energy prefabricated structures.
ABOUT THE COMPANY:
- an innovative and development-oriented company and Slovenia’s leading producer of zero-energy prefabricated structures;
- the guiding principles of the company’s activities and development are sustainability, minimising environmental pollution, and energy efficient construction;
- high-quality, energy-saving and sustainably constructed buildings are built using totally natural materials to create a healthy and pleasant living climate;
- construction includes optimisation of the building as a whole – from insulation of the building envelope, implementation details and fixtures, to the selection of a suitable heating and ventilation system;
- the company established itself as a pioneer of the passive building concept with its first passive house in 2007.
BREAKTHROUGH SOLUTION: Lumar Zero Emission Living® concept:
- Zero Emission Living is a set of solutions that cover, comprehensively and holistically, all aspects that affect the way we live – from sound, air, temperature and natural light to building operating costs throughout the life-cycle, the use of renewable sources, etc.;
- application of the concept resulted in the construction of the Primus model house, which received Active House certification.
Lumar active house:
- built in accordance with “nearly zero energy” standards, which envisage a heat demand of less than 25 kWh/m2, very high energy efficiency, minimal operational energy requirements and a high proportion of renewables in the provision of the necessary operational energy;
- can also be much more than just a house, like the Biosolaris house. It is a living organism that changes with the seasons, thanks to its green façade. The green façade system regulates comfortable living conditions in a natural way thanks to its own microclimate. Householders can arrange and cultivate the house’s envelope themselves and shape it according to their wishes. Biosolaris is a house for people who wish to maintain or re-establish contact with nature.
POINTS OF INTEREST: Electric vehicle charging with self-generated energy:
In cooperation with BMW Group Slovenia and the BMW i sub-brand, Lumar combines sustainable living and mobility by installing a solar power plant and energy storage modules in the house, which can thus become totally energy self-sufficient. The house’s own electric vehicle charging station is the dot on the i that completes an integrated story of sustainability.
LUMAR IG, Maribor, Slovenia