ELES plans, builds and maintains the Slovenian high voltage transmission network strategically, responsibly and sustainably on three voltage levels.
ABOUT THE COMPANY:
- for more than 90 years, the system operator of the electricity transmission network of the Republic of Slovenia has been responsible for the safe, reliable and continuous transmission of electricity across Slovenia and beyond;
- ELES plans, builds and maintains the Slovenian high voltage transmission network strategically, responsibly and sustainably on three voltage levels: 400kV, 220kV and, partly, 110kV;
- connects all major players in the Slovenian electricity transmission network: power stations, distribution companies and large consumers, the so-called direct customers;
- the undertaking is integrated into the European electricity system and actively cooperates with other European transmission system operators to ensure the reliability of the operation of the European electricity system;
- the company is involved in numerous international and national R&I projects. Two projects, NEDO and FutureFlow, received a prestigious award from the International Smart Grids Action Network (ISGAN) for excellence in innovation, integration and transformation of smart grid systems.
BREAKTHROUGH SOLUTION: FutureFlow:
- the project provides a fully automated service that can continuously regulate the consumption by consumers and renewable energy sources according to the needs of the electricity system;
- development of appropriate business models offers active customers the opportunity to sell their flexibility to the highest bidder and thereby reduce their electricity bill;
- ELES attracted 12 partners from 8 European countries to the FutureFlow project;
- 30 companies with more than 90 control units participated in the pilot tests;
- FutureFlow is a part of the implementation of the ELES sustainability strategy.
ELES, Ljubljana, Slovenia