Alpina is a development-oriented company with an inspiring tradition that has been discovering new technologies and researching new materials since 1947.
ABOUT THE COMPANY:
- is a development-oriented company with a long and inspiring tradition that has been discovering new technologies and enthusiastically researching new materials since 1947;
- Alpina supplies cross-country ski boots to some of the world’s top cross-country skiers and biathletes (Charlotte Kalla, Linn Svahn, Jonna Sundling, Dominik Landertinger and Benjamin Wagner, among others);
- Alpina boots have won two prestigious Red Dot Design Awards;
- Alpina was the first company in the world to make an eco-friendly biodegradable cross-country skiing boot;
- at the 2014 Winter Olympics in Sochi, competitors wearing Alpina boots won 12 Olympic medals.
BREAKTHROUGH SOLUTION: The Elite 3.0 boot, developed in-house and designed for elite cross-country skiers and biathletes:
- featuring a revolutionary breathable upper, the boot is extremely light and comfortably elastic;
- allows air to circulate and keeps the competitor’s foot dry;
- the only boot on the World Cup circuit to have completely eliminated the use of PVC, replacing it with environmentally friendlier solutions;
- thanks to carbon technology, unnecessary pressures on the heel are eliminated and the boot is adaptable to different foot types and shapes;
- carbon fibres injected into more flexible materials give the boot strength and at the same time help reduce weight by enabling the use of lighter materials.